Thursday 16 April 2015

Blood Vessel Render Tests

    I had a few minutes before heading to university so I made an attempt at refining my models with bump and specular maps. I only had time to make and test the maps for the blood vessel interior, but I can use what I am discovering with this to more promptly refine the other models I have. If I can get the bump, specular and texture maps for the sporozoite and blood cells done I might be able to start rendering a few scenes by either Friday or the weekend.

The corrected texture map

The environment with a bump level of 0.1 looks far too much like plaster to me

I tried testing the bump levels between 0.05 and 0.01 to regain that that smooth feel of a well-maintained and efficient environment.

With a light intensity of 1 it felt far too dark, so I tripled the light intensity of the spotlight I am using as test lighting. The darker lighting however could be good for when the body is being overrun by merozoites and everything is falling apart.

Softening the bump intensity further to 0.005 (a patch on the left and at the right-hand bottom), it is reaching an intensity I am satisfied with.

No comments:

Post a Comment