Tuesday 5 April 2016

Sculpting Workshop: Garrus Orthographic


  For today's sculpting class I plan on working on a bust of Garrus Vakarian, an alien squadmate from the Mass Effect franchise. I decided on sculpting him because there is a lot going on in terms of design that quite interests me. He has a nice balance to his design; cars on one side of his face (which interests me as it seems like a fun texturing opportunity), and a visor/viewfinder thing on the other side. His horns are another interesting feature and thanks to the exoskeleton he has some very clear facial features.


  Because of how much his eyepiece obscures of Garrus' right eye, I chose to draw it on in a different colour, to help see what is underneath it when it comes to sculpting. I may sculpt the head festures first, with the visor being a secondary feature.

2 comments: