Sunday 19 March 2017

Palace In The Mountains


  I find myself working on the same models for the past year now. In an attempt to refresh my mind for further work, I spent a couple of hours this weekend building something that has been on my mind for months now. Just something to change the pace for at least a brief moment.


  It came up during a visit to Rome but palaces, castles, fortresses, cities and the like forever fascinate me. These monuments and achievements in architecture are one of the things that drew me to a potential career in architecture and are perhaps one of the things that drew me to my current course in 3D animation.

  Most likely however this will be put off now until summer, as with the last two months come crunch time and pressure to get everything done. The model itself is satisfying even at this level and anything more (except maybe the bridge) and I might find myself getting lost in tiny details and minute adjustments.


  Still it was a nice exercise in design and architectural planning as I had found myself recently listening to video analyses of how realistic various fictional castles are and it is always nice to put fresh knowledge to good use. And served as a healthy break from pose correction.


No comments:

Post a Comment